Sad state of fb in Greenville Co

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
MrFootball68
Greenwood Eagles

Sad state of fb in Greenville Co

Post by MrFootball68 »

Did you ever thank you would see the day that Carolina HS is a better job than Riverside?

Questions
No Team Affiliation

Re: Sad state of fb in Greenville Co

Post by Questions »

The only reasons Carolina may be better is better athletes and better region. I am certain both school's AD's and Admins are equally inept. Have to remember Riverside did not open the job or interview anyone when they hired their current coach, the people in charge at Carolina are just laughable.

knightspur
No Team Affiliation

Post by knightspur »

Carolina may be the worst job in the entire state of SC. The school administration is horrific. Teachers leaving in droves.
Riverside has an athlete problem in the size school that they are. The current Riverside Admin is light years better than Carolina . Much better place 8-4 also.

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

sad that places get like what you are describing. can they be fixed?

MillHill88
North Central Knights

Post by MillHill88 »

I can't believe that Greenville County has allowed football to become such a sad part of the district. Back in my day Carolina was good in football (in the 80's), and I remember when Riverside was very competitive in the early 90's. The district has to do a better job than they've done.

MrFootball68
Greenwood Eagles

Post by MrFootball68 »

Not a teaching point of view- but from a FOOTBALL point of view- Carolina is a better job that Riverside. Thanks to the SCHSL- Riverside sits in a NO WIN situation.

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Now a school like Riverside is never going to compete with the big boys in Region 2. Fair enough. Rarely does a school out of Greenville County. But the state of Riversides football program has little to do with the SCHSL. While they cant compete with the elite, they should be able to compete with Greenville County schools, but even they roll them up. The Frost boys had it going with numbers to a point never seen in that program. Then it all started falling apart. Currently I dont think they fielded a JV or a c team last year. Some folks venture to say that in a couple years they may have difficulty fielding a varsity squad. And it seems that any decent football players zoned for Riverside are transferring as they enter the 9th grade. But the overall weakness in their football program has little to do with the SCHSL

MrFootball68
Greenwood Eagles

Post by MrFootball68 »

Oh but the SCHSL placed them in Region II 5A- where they may get kids KILLED! Come on- do for them what you did for West Oak or at least put them in Region I- help them out!

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Riverside just happens to have the bad luck of being the school in Greenville County the most north on the I 85 corridor. No Greenville County school is going to compete consistently with the Spartanburg schools. Football is obviously more important over there and their programs reflect that. But Riverside has to bear most of the blame for the total futility of their program. Sure, you could drop them down. But how far? They wouldnt beat anybody in 3A.

coachp
No Team Affiliation

Post by coachp »

Good place to work, nice place to live but tough, tough region for football. With the size of the school couldn't someone make them competitive in a non region schedule?