Hillcrest vs TL hanna

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: Hillcrest vs TL hanna

Post by Ddub14 »

All I know is and it’s something that no one else can say

Only one team is undefeated this decade.

I’ll give you a hint it’s not DF

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

Big win by Coach Tone and the Jackets.

Honestly had my doubts that would pull it off after the JL Mann game but they proved me wrong

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Do you know?

Back in the day on PFT, I'd go into hibernation in the off-season. Once or twice, intermittently, I'd visit the site without logging in and just search "decav" to get the scoop on what the word was on my popularity or lack thereof. I was always surprised to find that my screen name was still on anyone's lips or fingertips in my absence. It still surprises and flatters me to this day that I'm mentioned at all, much less in a TL Hannah/Hillcrest thread.

Carry on men!
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

gators0823
No Team Affiliation

Post by gators0823 »

Judy the qb at Hillcrest didn’t get hurt til 2 minutes left in the game, plus injuries are apart of the game and as far Daniel goes play somebody for u talk junk, there best win is Seneca and they got beat by a 1a school.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

gators0823 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:13 pm
Judy the qb at Hillcrest didn’t get hurt til 2 minutes left in the game, plus injuries are apart of the game and as far Daniel goes play somebody for u talk junk, there best win is Seneca and they got beat by a 1a school.
So the qb who is going to the north south game gets knocked out of the game with 2 minutes left in a one point game and that has no effect on the game. Ok
Yes injuries are apart of the game.
Daniel keeps trying to play teams but teams won’t pick up the phone. At this point it doesn’t matter we’re only talking about 4-5 that would give them a game anyway.
Btw why don’t you declare a team affiliation. Let me guess a Hanna or westside fan. The definitions of never finishing the job. The hate for Daniel is real. Lol

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:27 pm
gators0823 wrote:
So the qb who is going to the north south game gets knocked out of the game with 2 minutes left in a one point game and that has no effect on the game. Ok
Daniel keeps trying to play teams but teams won’t pick up the phone. At this point it doesn’t matter we’re only talking about 4-5 that would give them a game anyway.
Btw why don’t you declare a team affiliation. Let me guess a Hanna or westside fan. The definitions of never finishing the job. The hate for Daniel is real. Lol
at the original site 20 years ago, there were plenty to Lamar and Calhoun Falls fans basking in their great runs thinking they could go head to head in the Big 16....... just saying

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Your right we’re on the level of Calhoun falls and Lamar.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
gators0823 wrote:
3A just seems down. I think we all can agree 4A looks to be the fun classification this season. Maybe 2 decent teams outside D. Wistar in 3A...what do you say Dub?....maybe Dillon and perhaps Powdersville? Not sure about them now after Hillcrest lost to Hanna. DF would drag Hanna and I thought Hillcrest would at least beat them. Still have not been sold on Clin'on (t is silent)...watched them practice a good bit...some speed, but not much size, not sure how disciplined they are and can't throw the ball. They had a good game with Newberry and Chapin stomped Newberry- DF could have beaten Chapin 80-0 if TK wanted to, so not sold on the Red Devils. Maybe Dillon....not sure. Have not seen them. Beaufort is a let down a bit- thought they would be a little more dominating. So there we have it. DWD just needs to show up. Some years its like that. DF playing through the injuries and getting healthy. The only unknown...the injury bug. Just avoid it.

Fear The Fox...

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

DFOLDMAN no need to wonder about Powdersville because Hanna beat Hillcrest. We dropped a TD, missed a FG and had a deflected pass go right into one of their WR's arms in the end zone. We certainly had our chances and their fans left with a different attitude than when they arrived. The game was incredible. We have our weaknesses like any team. I feel like we kind of exposed Hillcrest a little on the defensive side. They had a few players playing both ways and at least one of them had no idea what he was doing on defense. The HC just told him to run with the WR and try to keep him from making any plays. Our WR ran right past him and just couldn't bring in the pass that was just a tick beyond his reach. If their QB is ok I think they'll be fine but I don't think they'll win it all. DF is too strong again.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:39 am
Ddub14 wrote:
gators0823 wrote:
3A just seems down. I think we all can agree 4A looks to be the fun classification this season. Maybe 2 decent teams outside D. Wistar in 3A...what do you say Dub?....maybe Dillon and perhaps Powdersville? Not sure about them now after Hillcrest lost to Hanna. DF would drag Hanna and I thought Hillcrest would at least beat them. Still have not been sold on Clin'on (t is silent)...watched them practice a good bit...some speed, but not much size, not sure how disciplined they are and can't throw the ball. They had a good game with Newberry and Chapin stomped Newberry- DF could have beaten Chapin 80-0 if TK wanted to, so not sold on the Red Devils. Maybe Dillon....not sure. Have not seen them. Beaufort is a let down a bit- thought they would be a little more dominating. So there we have it. DWD just needs to show up. Some years its like that. DF playing through the injuries and getting healthy. The only unknown...the injury bug. Just avoid it.

Fear The Fox...
DF I’ve seen Bhp /Powdersville live . Meh
Clinton on tape doesn’t match up and they just lost their qb to an acl injury apparently. Dillon I’ve seen on tape twice,has some playmakers but their “nasty cats” defense isn’t really all that nasty. They will be thrown on early and often and unlike the opposition they had earlier on in the year, Daniel will not pull the foot off the gas . Beaufort also can’t score enough. If you can’t put up 40 your in trouble with the lions. Haven’t scored under 30 in any game in 3 years and only 4 times in the last 5.
As far as 4a goes it will be the most entertaining of all the divisions. I wish Daniel was in there . We already won region 2 4A beating riverside and greer and we would win region 1 as well. So am I worried ? No , if like you said they show up and take care of business like they do every week.
We truly do have a remarkable coaching staff that keeps the focus on the next play. The fans can look ahead, we have that luxury.