The number of high school football coaches making six figures in the Palmetto State

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Re: The number of high school football coaches making six figures in the Palmetto State

Post by Fortfor5 »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:33 pm
Underpaid, along with first responders.
Agree .I'd like to see the average teacher Salary at 60 k.
Not sure about 1st responders pay .but I work with a ex upper fire dept guy he made about 75k he saidc20 yrs
In captain or something. Covid shot firing. Mayor summey N.charleston doing .
He'd go back in a second .he'd lose money but he would go back . Straight forward guy they lost a good employee . Really knew his shit. I had to train him on our equipment so I picked his brain on fire stuff .that way he felt comfortable while learning a big piece of machinery.

As was stated above the hours the A.D. and coaches
Put in is absolutely understated .they work my hours
Maybe more in some cases but most aren't paid accordingly.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: The number of high school football coaches making six figures in the Palmetto State

Post by DeCav »

Fortfor5 wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:47 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Not sure about 1st responders pay .but I work with a ex upper fire dept guy he made about 75k he saidc20 yrs
He'd go back in a second .he'd lose money but he would go back . Straight forward guy they lost a good employee . Really knew his shit. I had to train him on our equipment so I picked his brain on fire stuff .that way he felt comfortable while learning a big piece of machinery.

Why not make college tuition free only for teaching degrees? Not post doctoral degrees, just primary teaching degrees. I don’t support free college tuition across the board but I did wonder about that the other day.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

DeCav wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:11 pm
Fortfor5 wrote:
1 CAT FAN wrote:

Why not make college tuition free only for teaching degrees? Not post doctoral degrees, just primary teaching degrees. I don’t support free college tuition across the board but I did wonder about that the other day.
Free for all teaching degrees no matter what subject they teach?

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

Deputy wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:17 pm
The State seems to be very predictable in running this story every year, or two. Seems like little more than a dog whistle for all the liberals to complain because they don't like football. Or to give some of the other sports reason to complain that all coaches, no matter the sport, should be paid the same. As stated, much of these salaries are based on their education, and longevity in the system. Many are also AD'S. And what many miss is that football is the cash cow of any athletic department. All sports have their place, though boys volleyball has me a bit unsettled, but outside of basketball, and baseball to a lesser degree, nobody outside of parents and grandparents are coming to an XC meet, etc. Football, and the success of a school's program, is the only sport that can generate significant income for the athletic department. And when the responsibility, and the hours worked are considered, many of these guys are actually underpaid
So, Liberals don't like football even though most football players and their families are Liberals? Might want to re-think that.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Coaches and teachers only have a 1 year contract. If they feel that they are underpaid they can leave.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

greenjewel wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:19 pm
DeCav wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:11 pm
Fortfor5 wrote:
1 CAT FAN wrote:

Free for all teaching degrees no matter what subject they teach?
No I wasn’t thinking carte blanche.

More like no tuition for required course for a teaching degree. Students would still pay tuition on subject special courses like English, Math, Government…etc.

Raising teacher pay would cost more I would think than waiving basic teaching tuitions which would be a one time thing per teacher.

Seems to me it would be a smarter investment than just free tuition for everyone. Increase the number of young teachers in the market and schools can be more choosy.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson