APB For Those Who Had Abbeville Ranked 5th

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

APB For Those Who Had Abbeville Ranked 5th

Post by Penguin »

I posted back when their idiotic polls came out with the Panthers ranked as the 5th best team in 2A, that they were either on drugs, or too stupid to be voting in polls.

Where have these morons disappeared to? Come out and take your medicine. You may have "WANTED" that to be true, but that didn't make it true. If you are going to be a professional sportswriter and be willing to vote in a football poll, then popularity should not be part of your vote.

While Abbeville may not be the best team in 2A, or win the State Championship, I can guarantee you that there are not now, nor were there at any time this season, 4 better teams than them in 2A.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Re: APB For Those Who Had Abbeville Ranked 5th

Post by bigdog2003 »

The people that vote in these "polls" don't watch football. It's much like the AP poll in college football.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

bigdog2003 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:27 pm
The people that vote in these "polls" don't watch football. It's much like the AP poll in college football.
That was my point 6 weeks ago when the had Abbeville ranked 5th.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Atown97
Abbeville Panthers

Post by Atown97 »

Penguin wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:57 pm
I posted back when their idiotic polls came out with the Panthers ranked as the 5th best team in 2A, that they were either on drugs, or too stupid to be voting in polls.

Where have these morons disappeared to? Come out and take your medicine. You may have "WANTED" that to be true, but that didn't make it true. If you are going to be a professional sportswriter and be willing to vote in a football poll, then popularity should not be part of your vote.

While Abbeville may not be the best team in 2A, or win the State Championship, I can guarantee you that there are not now, nor were there at any time this season, 4 better teams than them in 2A.
I Love this post. I guess losing to a 4A Westside and 3A Powdersville teams makes you 5th best 2A team strange ain't it. Abbeville doesn't care we embrace the underdog role. This Is healthiest we've been since week 1. The way those young fellas came into the stadium Friday night past. The Energy is at all time high They Ready to prove people wrong again.
Last edited by Atown97 on Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Good luck on Friday Night. I have no doubt about the outcome. Having played the Oceanside Cheaters last year, I am not sure that Abbeville will be able to match the sheer number of very good athletes that they have. But that won't stop me from picking the Panthers, and rooting like hell for them.