LET'S ALL GET BEHIND THIS

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Re: LET'S ALL GET BEHIND THIS

Post by CITYSLICKER »

HE WAS A COMPUTER LOVER, NO FOOTBALL, HE WAS SO BIG IN THE LOWER GRADES, THEY WANTED HIM TO PLAY, BUT HE WOULD RATHER DO COMPUTERS, YOU SEE HE WAS A IT BOSS BEFORE THE BRAIN PROBLEM.LIFE AINT FAIR FOR SURE.
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

YES, TALKED TO RANDY ALL THE TIME AND THE FELLOW FROM OKLA, THAT DIED, ALWAYS HAD THE BABY DRESSED AS CHEERLEADER, HE WOULD CALL ME AND TALK ABOUT THE HOUSES HE WAS PAINTING, GONE

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

No it's not. You got that right. I'm starting to learn that life is suffering and trying to live through it is basically a struggle against suffering. And all you can really do while you're here is try and find meaning which, as far as I can tell, has something to do with not causing more suffering and if you can trying to ameliorate and lessen the suffering that already exists.

"A life without meaning is hell and a state far worse than any suffering you think you can ever conceive."

I think I already mentioned this somewhere else.

I was listening to an English DJ on a radio station interviewing a washed-up rock star. The singer was talking about how much he helped people out when he was riding high and the world was his oyster. About how many people had their hand out when he had something to give and when he hit rock bottom there was nobody there for him.

And the DJ said something to the effect of, "Well look at how much good Christ tried to do and he was tortured and nailed to a cross."

No good deed goes unpunished. I never realized how Biblical that saying was until I heard the life of Christ put that way.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Don't know how this strikes anyone. Maybe it's crap.

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

AMEN VAMP, I AM SITTING HERE AT 71, AND MY SON IS SUFFERING AT 49, I WOULD TAKE HIS PLACE, BUT CANT, SO I AM HERE TO HELP HIM ANY WAY I CAN. BACK IN DECEMBER, ALL I WORRIED ABOUT IS WHO WOULD BE THE STAGS COACH. I AM LIKE PENGUIN, FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THERE IS SOME PERSON THAT CONTROLS AND GRANTS PRAYERS TO PEOPLE, BUT WHEN I AM LAYING THERE, I WILL ASK ANYONE TO GIVE ME ONE MORE YEAR.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:00 pm
AMEN VAMP, I AM SITTING HERE AT 71, AND MY SON IS SUFFERING AT 49, I WOULD TAKE HIS PLACE, BUT CANT, SO I AM HERE TO HELP HIM ANY WAY I CAN. BACK IN DECEMBER, ALL I WORRIED ABOUT IS WHO WOULD BE THE STAGS COACH. I AM LIKE PENGUIN, FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THERE IS SOME PERSON THAT CONTROLS AND GRANTS PRAYERS TO PEOPLE, BUT WHEN I AM LAYING THERE, I WILL ASK ANYONE TO GIVE ME ONE MORE YEAR.

Aight man, I gotta call it a night. This was a rough thread. Brings up a lot of emotions for me. See ya tomorrow.

The guy who wrote the words to this song was an atheist. His ideas about spirituality...

“I can worship Nature, and that fulfills my need for miracles and beauty. Art gives a spiritual depth to existence -- I can find worlds bigger and deeper than my own in music, paintings, and books. And from my friends and family I receive the highest benediction, emotional contact, and personal affirmation. I can bow before the works of Man, from buildings to babies, and that fulfills my need for wonder. I can believe in the sanctity of Life, and that becomes the Revealed Word, to live my life as I believe it should be, not as I'm told to by self-appointed guides.”

Peace and Love.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Best wishes Billy.

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

amen brother, day 2 of radiation at 2, hoping he had a good night after day 1

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:42 am
amen brother, day 2 of radiation at 2, hoping he had a good night after day 1

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

another treatment down, 28 more, so far he has not had any side effects that I can see, other than being sleepy, am sure some some will come, he takes chemo pill when he goes to sleep, so double whammy for sure.