LET'S ALL GET BEHIND THIS

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: LET'S ALL GET BEHIND THIS

Post by cavaliereagle »

I'll tell y'all fellows. I think it's all about love. We tend to kinda stick with the people in our little corner. Then, tragedy strikes, and we see folks that cared that we never imagined cared. I remember when my niece passed with cancer back in '08. I saw an unbelievable outpouring of love and support from our entire community. She was diagnosed 10 years before she passed. For me, that 10 years was an extra special gift from God. I know that not everyone is a believer, but I am. Too many times in my life, i've had experiences that confirms my belief. I do respect others beliefs. I'm not trying to convert anyone. I can tell you, as an adopted child that was once alone and homeless on the streets; and a combat veteran with extensive combat experience, love helps. I've always gotten more satisfaction by loving than by hating. In a way, it ended up being a blessing when my niece was diagnosed. It didn't feel like it at first, of course. However, we're all going to die. We've been dying since the day we were born. When she was diagnosed, it made me take notice. It drew me amazingly closer to her and her sisters. I appreciated everyday I had with her after the diagnosis. Of course, you appreciate everyday with folks. But, I mean a recognizable appreciation. She was diagnosed at 9 and died at 19. She was the epitome of something I read once, "some people are so afraid of dying that they never really live."
Slick, I said all this in an effort to convey something to you. I hope this turns into a blessing to you. That you can lay down each night, with a before, unreckonized appreciation of another day, although a hard one with your son. I hope you feel the loving support from me and others that I did. I hope, your grandkids especially, learn from your family how to really love someone when they are down. I hope your grandson learns that it is okay for men to cry. I hope your family learns to lean on others and let them love you all through it. I love you brother. I also appreciate seeing others show their love for you.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

thank you, my brother. everything can change in a moment in life. all is appreciated in these dark times. there was a time, when you were in trouble and your wife texted me and told me your situation here, we had great conversation about you and your situation and gladly you are still here to share your courage and love with all. I just hope my son survives this hell and can be here for a long time.peace, slick
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

On January 7, 2020, the music industry lost a giant. Neil Peart, the drummer and lyricist for the band RUSH, lost a three and and a half year battle with glioblastoma, a form of brain cancer. Neil will forever be one of the most influential rock drummers of all time. Over RUSH’s 40 year career, his drumming and thoughtful lyrics have been part of the soundtrack to millions of lives around the globe, and his passing has created a huge void.

When SFC Tim Whalen heard the news, he was shocked and saddened. As a lifelong RUSH fan, he felt compelled to do something to honor Neil and the band that has meant so much in his own life. He immediately knew the song “Time Stand Still” would be the perfect choice.

SFC Whalen relfects, "The lyrics to this song have always resonated deeply with me, and they show Neil’s heart. I wanted to showcase the deep humanity he had in his writing. The song is about life moving too fast, due to both things we can control and things we can’t, and the desire to hold onto something just a little longer. This is such a universal message, whether it be children growing up too fast, a loved one dying, or a soldier leaving home wondering if they’ll ever see their family again.”

Neil Peart
September 12, 1952 - January 7, 2020

“Time Stand Still”
Music by Geddy Lee & Alex Lifeson
Lyrics by Neil Peart

Produced and Arranged by SFC Tim Whalen

SFC Chris Rettig - Vocals
SFC Tim Whalen - Vocals
MSG Dan Roberts - Piano
SFC Zack Pride - Bass
SFC Matthew Evans - Violin I
SSG Patrick Lin - Violin II
MSG Holly Watters - Viola
SSG Aaron Ludwig - Cello

Recorded and Mixed by SSG Michael Willis
Video by SSG Artie Bowman and SSG Clark McDaniel

#Rush​ #TimeStandStill​ #Rock​

► SUBSCRIBE:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR6f...​

► ARMY OPPORTUNITIES:
https://goarmy.com​
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

cavaliereagle wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:15 am
I'll tell y'all fellows. I think it's all about love. We tend to kinda stick with the people in our little corner. Then, tragedy strikes, and we see folks that cared that we never imagined cared. I remember when my niece passed with cancer back in '08. I saw an unbelievable outpouring of love and support from our entire community. She was diagnosed 10 years before she passed. For me, that 10 years was an extra special gift from God. I know that not everyone is a believer, but I am. Too many times in my life, i've had experiences that confirms my belief. I do respect others beliefs. I'm not trying to convert anyone. I can tell you, as an adopted child that was once alone and homeless on the streets; and a combat veteran with extensive combat experience, love helps. I've always gotten more satisfaction by loving than by hating. In a way, it ended up being a blessing when my niece was diagnosed. It didn't feel like it at first, of course. However, we're all going to die. We've been dying since the day we were born. When she was diagnosed, it made me take notice. It drew me amazingly closer to her and her sisters. I appreciated everyday I had with her after the diagnosis. Of course, you appreciate everyday with folks. But, I mean a recognizable appreciation. She was diagnosed at 9 and died at 19. She was the epitome of something I read once, "some people are so afraid of dying that they never really live."
Slick, I said all this in an effort to convey something to you. I hope this turns into a blessing to you. That you can lay down each night, with a before, unreckonized appreciation of another day, although a hard one with your son. I hope you feel the loving support from me and others that I did. I hope, your grandkids especially, learn from your family how to really love someone when they are down. I hope your grandson learns that it is okay for men to cry. I hope your family learns to lean on others and let them love you all through it. I love you brother. I also appreciate seeing others show their love for you.
Beautifully written. Was chatting with 1st and Goal last night. He admitted America needs a reset. The love is there. The love is here. We just haven't been paying as much attention. I think as a bunch of guys more or less in the same age group, we might see the best days of America as behind us now. I wonder if it's because most of us are thinking individually that our best days are behind us?

I talk to the youth around the world and they can't wait for tomorrow. They are so hopeful. My son has the bull by the horns it seems. So much further along than his dad at 18 years old.

It's probably tacky but I'm thinking of a trip to Monck's Corner to create some new memories before all I have is old ones.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

you are welcome in my town anytime vamp, we all are doing the best we can to survive. my son is still here and fighting, so i smile every day he is still with me.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

cavaliereagle wrote:
However, we're all going to die. We've been dying since the day we were born.
So true.

Death looks at us and smiles, all we can do is smile back.

Our future starts today, not tomorrow. Cherish each and every moment.

To be Human:
"Mr. Singerman, why are you crying?" asked twelve-year-old Albert as he watched the master craftsman construct a wooden box. "I cry" he said, "because my father cried, and because my grandfather cried." The woodworker's answer to his young apprentice provides a tender moment in an episode of Little House on the Prairie. "Tears," explained Mr. Singerman, "come with the making of a coffin."
"Some men don't cry because they fear it is a sign of weakness," he said. "I was taught that a man is a man because he can cry."
Emotion must have welled up in the eyes of Jesus as He compared His concern for Jerusalem to the care of a mother hen for her chicks (Matthew 23:27). His disciples were often confused by what they saw in His eyes or heard in His stories. His idea of what it meant to be strong was different. It happened again as they walked with him from the temple. Calling His attention to the massive stone walls and magnificent decor of their place of worship (24:1), the disciples noted the strength of human accomplishment. Jesus saw a temple that would be leveled in AD70.
Christ shows us that healthy people know when to cry and why. He cried because His Father cares and His Spirit groans for children who couldn't yet see what breaks His heart.

In what situations in your life might you be avoiding grief? How can your faith in a Savior who cries (John11:35) help you express your grief in a healthy way?

Father, please replace any cold illusions of strength I cling to with a growing understanding of the cares and concerns that break Your heart for children like me.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

I LIKE YOU CATTY, BUT SOME OF YOUR VIEWS ARE A LITTLE TOO RELIGIOUS FOR THIS SINNER, GLAD YOU CAN GO AND FEEL GOOD, I CANT.

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

IT IS SO SAD AND HEART BREAKING SEEING SUCH A STRONG BOY, LOOKING SO WEAK AND SLEEPY USING A CANE NOW. I FEEL SO SORRY FOR HIM.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:01 pm
cavaliereagle wrote:
However, we're all going to die. We've been dying since the day we were born.
So true.

Death looks at us and smiles, all we can do is smile back.

Our future starts today, not tomorrow. Cherish each and every moment.

To be Human:
"Mr. Singerman, why are you crying?" asked twelve-year-old Albert as he watched the master craftsman construct a wooden box. "I cry" he said, "because my father cried, and because my grandfather cried." The woodworker's answer to his young apprentice provides a tender moment in an episode of Little House on the Prairie. "Tears," explained Mr. Singerman, "come with the making of a coffin."
"Some men don't cry because they fear it is a sign of weakness," he said. "I was taught that a man is a man because he can cry."
Emotion must have welled up in the eyes of Jesus as He compared His concern for Jerusalem to the care of a mother hen for her chicks (Matthew 23:27). His disciples were often confused by what they saw in His eyes or heard in His stories. His idea of what it meant to be strong was different. It happened again as they walked with him from the temple. Calling His attention to the massive stone walls and magnificent decor of their place of worship (24:1), the disciples noted the strength of human accomplishment. Jesus saw a temple that would be leveled in AD70.
Christ shows us that healthy people know when to cry and why. He cried because His Father cares and His Spirit groans for children who couldn't yet see what breaks His heart.

In what situations in your life might you be avoiding grief? How can your faith in a Savior who cries (John11:35) help you express your grief in a healthy way?

Father, please replace any cold illusions of strength I cling to with a growing understanding of the cares and concerns that break Your heart for children like me.
"Death looks at us and smiles, all we can do is smile back."
Love this! Who said that? That seems quite tangential to the definition of meek I believe.

Damn. That's heavy. Stupid question...

Growing up, Little House Of The Prairie was like watching paint dry. Was that a good show? I Mr. Rodgers used to dull me to tears and as an adult that dude seems as close to what Christ was about as just about any other great man of history. I wonder how many people like that die every day unnoticed?

A lot of the old TV programming seems now like it was just too deep for kids. Anything on TV these days with the same kind of message? And why didn't my parents hold more reverence for some of the messages from my childhood?

I don't cry enough. But I cry as much as I can.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:48 pm
I LIKE YOU CATTY, BUT SOME OF YOUR VIEWS ARE A LITTLE TOO RELIGIOUS FOR THIS SINNER, GLAD YOU CAN GO AND FEEL GOOD, I CANT.
Take comfort SLICK.

I would never claim it. But I've heard it said that some atheists are better Christians than most Christians.