Clover 20 Dorman 7 - Final

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Re: Clover 20 Dorman 7 - Final

Post by Fortfor5 »

Onion Rings wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:38 pm
Clover is supposed to have a gigantic oline and a 6'2 qb that can run and throw
How big i believe DF and our olines are simular at a average 295.
T325 G290 c260 G325 T 280

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

as it should be with schools that size. Think the paper said Clover had 3 on the ol over 6'5. Gaffney is huge as well

Itsmeoclock21
Myrtle Beach Seahawks

Post by Itsmeoclock21 »

Anybody can lose one game anybody can. It doesn’t define your season. It can actually be good to get beat it gets your attention and makes you want to get better.

I remember a few years ago Myrtle Beach got thrashed by Richmond County NC 62-30. The first game of the year at home. People were saying we had no defense wouldn’t make the playoffs. The players and coaches got busy ended up winning the State Championship.

Same thing in 2010 nobody gave us a chance against South point said we were to slow to small. We ended up beating them and winning the Championship.

Same thing against Hartsville in 2018. We got destroyed 70-34 in regular season and Hartsville won region championship. A few weeks later we returned the favor beating them 52-32 in lower state title game and went on to beat Greer for that state championship.

It’s all about the Journey so forget what happened at Clover and sail on. That’s why Myrtle Beach has been successful.

Dorman#1
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by Dorman#1 »

Don’t overreact to this loss, Gutshall always recovers! Remember we dropped the first 2 games in 2017 and made it to state the same year, give him time to find his team and his QB!

Football_Fan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Football_Fan »

Didn't Dorman have a QB transfer in? Did he play last Friday? Did Dorman look terrible or were they out coached?

Dorman#1
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by Dorman#1 »

Football_Fan wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:20 pm
Didn't Dorman have a QB transfer in? Did he play last Friday? Did Dorman look terrible or were they out coached?

The QB situation is tricky but from what I was hearing on the radio they kept subbing in and out the 2 of the 3 qb’s they had, and Dorman could not shut down clovers run game.

Football_Fan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Football_Fan »

So sounds like the head coach is trying to feel out his QB's before making a decision on a starter. Did they do well with stopping the passing game?
Dorman#1 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:48 pm
Football_Fan wrote:

The QB situation is tricky but from what I was hearing on the radio they kept subbing in and out the 2 of the 3 qb’s they had, and Dorman could not shut down clovers run game.

So sounds like the head coach is trying to feel out his QB's before making a decision on a starter. Did they do well with stopping the passing game?

DHSCavsFan
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DHSCavsFan »

Dorman#1 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:48 pm
Football_Fan wrote:

Did not go to the game Friday night, was told that we killed Mallard Creek in a scrimmage the Saturday before. Qb situation is very tricky right now, really down to 2, a Jr and a Fr. The Fr will be great someday, but not today, I think the coaches are trying to rush him. Well anyway, could be a tough year, Gaffney looks very good, even Spartanburg could be good. And Byrnes will be better. I guess we will wait to see on how good this Clover team will be, looks like they have some talent.

Beyond that, how do you tell a coach that has 29 years under his belt at age 70 goodbye. Not an easy thing.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Upstate is full of BS artists.... oh, the Rebels and Indians are down...and Dorman is the king.

Hanna looked suspect... NW lost to SP (no shame there)... you guys need to tell the truth... as the Beaufort homer loves to spout.

Fear The Fox...