AAAAA Brackets & Projection

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Re: AAAAA Brackets & Projection

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:47 pm
Don316625 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:41 pm
Hey Reb74, Goose Creek played Stratford in place of Ashley Ridge due to Covid. Gators won 69-44. We’ve already wrapped up the region regardless of the outcome of the Wando game. Ashley Ridge would be our 10/29 game.
Thanks. I missed that on the schedules.... I thought it was just a fill in game but it was a REAL game... :lol:

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

AND DUMB *** BURNS, WE STILL COULD VERY MUCH BE NO.3 NOT 4
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I'm still looking in to the tie breaker for Region II 5A in case Dorman were to beat Spartanburg (but according to Viking6 this is already a Spartanburg win, no way they lose this game!) but JUST IN CASE it were to happen, I thought I'd look at the tiebreaker. Recently the tie breaker (which is voted upon by the members of the Region each year so they may have a new system in place and this is all for naught....) was scoring differential at the end of the 3rd quarter. I have no idea why they chose this as the tiebreaker, I have no idea how it correlates to the game since in both cases, the team that was ahead at the end of the 3rd lost the game, but as of right now, this is what I think is the current standings in the tiebreaker that I believe is still the one in use.... it was so much easier when they published the handbook and every Region had the same rules!

Again, I'm not sure it is, but it is what I believe to be the current system (I hope I've made it clear that I'm not saying this IS the system in place right now and if it is not, then don't send me all the pm's saying I don't have a clue what I'm talking about!).

Byrnes........... -1............+7.........= +6
Dorman......... +1........................= +1
Spartanburg.. .................-7.........=. -7

Byrnes is done, 1-1 and +6 points.
Dorman is now 0-1 and +1 point.
Spartanburg is. 1-0 and -7 points.

So, if the impossible happens, and Dorman manages to win, the next thing you need to know, what was the score at the end of the 3rd quarter?

Let's recap:
If Spartanburg wins the game:
#1 Spartanburg
#2 Byrnes
#3 Dorman

That is the easy part....

However, should Dorman win the game:
3 way tie and it gets really messy, but I think this is the way it works out.... but, it's about as clear as the Middle Tyger River after five days of gully washing rain storms.... y'all know what a gully washer is don't you?

And the score at the end of 3rd quarter shows:

Dorman up by 6 or more
#1 Dorman
#2 Spartanburg
#3 Byrnes

Dorman up by 5 or less:
#1 Byrnes
#2 Dorman
#3 Spartanburg

Spartanburg up by 14 or more:
#1 Spartanburg
#2 Byrnes
#3 Dorman

Spartanburg up by 13 or less:
#1 Byrnes
#2 Dorman
#3 Spartanburg

--

--

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:43 pm
AND DUMB *** BURNS, WE STILL COULD VERY MUCH BE NO.3 NOT 4
I went with DOODLES, your buddy, in this one....

STRATFORD 274.7 BERKELEY 269.8 3

Now, if Burkly manages to upset Stratford, then I will move you to the #3 spot, but based on what I've seen so far,
loss Ashley Ridge 0 - 14
loss Goose Creek 14 - 53
loss Summerville 14 - 21
win Wando 28 - 21
win Stall 48 - 12

I think your pal DOODLES, is right on the money, maybe even more of a believer in you than I.

--

--

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

doodles is old and misses as many as he gets, like you burns ****
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Ok rebel I’m coming to y’all’s game Friday with Daniel having a bye and sitting on y’all’s side . Meaning an upset of Hanna is in the works.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I sent you a Private Message....

--

--

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

The bracket at the top now is about as solid as Jello.

Region I
Hillcrest -vs- T L Hanna for the Region Championship Friday Night. I projected T L Hanna to win this game. I'm also projecting a Mauldin win over J L Mann.

Region II
Dorman at Spartanburg and a potential mess if the Cav's upset the Vikings. A three way tie that would go to the Region tiebreaker discussed above....

A Viking win and it is just as I project here, Spartanburg, Byrnes, Dorman, {unless Byrnes finds a way to lose to Wade Hampton} with Riverside locked into the #4 spot.

Region III
Gaffney is your Region Champion (surprised anyone?) and Clover and Nation Ford play Friday for the #2 seed. I projected Clover. Boiling Springs win over Fort Mill gets them the #4 seed.

Region IV
Northwestern is the Region Champion and Spring Valley is #2 seed. Rock Hill, Ridge View and Blythewood could all end up 1-3 if Blythewood beats Ridge View and then you have a three way tie for the #3 and #4 seeds. I projected a Ridge View win, just because it was easier...

Region V
Dutch Fork at the #1 seed with Chapin and Lexington meeting Friday to determine who is #2 and #3 while River Bluff and White Knoll meet to determine who is #4 and who is breaking out the basketballs.

Region VI
Sumter is #1 while St. James and Carolina Forest play for the #2 and #3 seed Friday night and Conway is at #4, UNLESS they spring the big upset over Sumter and you could have a three way tie between CF, St J, and Conway....

Region VII
Goose Creek #1
Cane Bay #2 if they beat Berkeley, with Stratford #3 and Berkeley at #4.
If Berkeley wins, a three way tie with those two and Stratford. Wando is out.

Region VIII
Fort Dorchester is #1 and West Ashley #2 and Ashley Ridge #3 with Summerville #4 unless Summerville knocks off Fort D. I'm not even going to mention that Stall winning over Ashley Ridge changes things...
Last edited by Rebel-Fan-74 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--

--

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:15 pm
Ok rebel I’m coming to y’all’s game Friday with Daniel having a bye and sitting on y’all’s side . Meaning an upset of Hanna is in the works.
Had it not been for the FUMBLE CALL that didn't happen, you would have been correct. Nice to get the chance to chat for a while, and look for us if that Chapman - Daniel match up come around.

--

--

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:09 am
The bracket at the top now is about as solid as Jello.

Region I
Hillcrest -vs- T L Hanna for the Region Championship Friday Night. I projected T L Hanna to win this game. I'm also projecting a Mauldin win over J L Mann.

Region II
Dorman at Spartanburg and a potential mess if the Cav's upset the Vikings. A three way tie that would go to the Region tiebreaker discussed in another thread...

A Viking win and it is just as I project here, Spartanburg, Byrnes, Dorman, {unless Byrnes finds a way to lose to Wade Hampton} with Riverside locked into the #4 spot.

Region III
Gaffney is your Region Champion (surprised anyone?) and Clover and Nation Ford play Friday for the #2 seed. I projected Clover. Boiling Springs win over Fort Mill gets them the #4 seed.

Region IV
Northwestern is the Region Champion and Spring Valley is #2 seed. Rock Hill, Ridge View and Blythewood could all end up 1-3 if Blythewood beats Ridge View and then you have a three way tie for the #3 and #4 seeds. I projected a Ridge View win, just because it was easier...

Region V
Dutch Fork at the #1 seed with Chapin and Lexington meeting Friday to determine who is #2 and #3 while River Bluff and White Knoll meet to determine who is #4 and who is breaking out the basketballs.

Region VI
Sumter is #1 while St. James and Carolina Forest play for the #2 and #3 seed Friday night and Conway is at #4, UNLESS they spring the big upset over Sumter and you could have a three way tie between CF, St J, and Conway....

Region VII
Goose Creek #1
Cane Bay #2 if they beat Berkeley, with Stratford #3 and Berkeley at #4.
If Berkeley wins, a three way tie with those two and Stratford. Wando is out.

Region VIII
Fort Dorchester is #1 and West Ashley #2 and Ashley Ridge #3 with Summerville #4 unless Summerville knocks off Fort D. I'm not even going to mention that Stall winning over Ashley Ridge changes things...
Unless there’s an upset region 6 will be

Sumter
CF
Conway
Socastee
St James

The tiebreaker after head to head is point difference in region games. Conway wins the three way tie then revert back to head to head and Socastee beat St James. St james is out unless they beat CF. Win and they get a home game. Lose and it’s hang up the cleats. Socastee should have beat CF last night. Refs called back to back PI calls in the end zone with no time on the clock. CF got two extra plays to win.