OT: Music Thread

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
chief shooting bull
Gaffney Indians

Re: OT: Music Thread

Post by chief shooting bull »

chief shooting bull
Gaffney Indians

chief shooting bull
Gaffney Indians

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Come on DFOldman. I know you're a bit on the conservative side but you seem like you've been calling balls and strikes.

Surely your mind works best when you use it like a parachute...open?

How about this...
LONG AGO I READ A STORY FROM ANOTHER TIMELINE about a character named Candide. He also survived a harrowing series of misadventures and tragedies, then settled on a farm near Constantinople. Listening to a philosophical rant, Candide replied, "That is all very well, but now we must tend our garden."

I have now arrived at that point in my own story. There is a metaphorical garden in the acts and attitudes of a person's life, and the treasures of that garden are love and respect. I have come to realize that the gathering of love and respect - from others and for myself - has been the real quest of my life.

"Now we must tend our garden."
This is the preamble to the last song Neil Peart ever wrote. He knew it would be his last because the doctors had told him it had advanced and it wouldn't be long at all.

In August of 2016, the drummer wrote to his cymbal technician at Zildjian Cymbals, "So… We’re having a brain tumor. I’m fine. Don’t freak out. And don’t put it on Facebook!"

His cymbal tech texted back, "Good! Maybe it’ll dumb you down just enough that the rest of us will understand what the hell you’re talking about most of the time!"

"I have come to realize that the gathering of love and respect - from others and for myself - has been the real quest of my life."
I think I might want this on my tombstone. This sentiment has a lot to do with my discovery of Christianity. In the tangled skeins of my life, are wildly unlikely threads that tie themselves to many disparate nodes.

Discovering a man in Africa on Facebook who was not a scammer and could not even be corrupted. Finding out he just wants to get his bearings on the best movies, books, and music to explore on his smart phone now that he's connected to the world. Stupid, cynical people ask me how my friend has a smartphone if he scratches to live on $4 a day. "How day he act like he doesn't have enough to eat or pay rent?"

Gee they act like a smartphone is this thing that becomes the center of your life, now one of the great major purchases of your life, like your first car. There are even ethical arguments about how old a child should be before he's allowed to have his first smartphone because it puts him on the grid, immediately in touch with every good and evil around the world.

And Dostoyevsky said, "The line between good and evil runs down the center of every human heart." All the way to the depths of Hell and to the greatest heights of Heaven.

With a bicycle, a man's radius of influence becomes a few miles a day. With a smartphone with data, it's the entire world. Africans (the lucky, hard working ones) save up and by a phone first. With that, all the world's education and resources are at their fingertips.

During our first conversation on messenger, I told him all about the life of Neil Peart.

Check out the wiki article about him. You seem a learned man and well-read. Peart once decided it would be his life's mission to read every book ever read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Peart

Skip over the musical parts. The stories of his personal life are quite compelling. As a matter of fact I only related how much this man read, wrote, and explored in his lifetime to my Ugandan friend.

The next day, I woke up to a sermon from him at his home in Uganda about Neil Peart, who was an atheist. My friend said that Mr. Peart did not walk with God but that he thought God definitely walked with Neil Peart. After learning he was going to die he wrote this song. Do you think it's really that bad?

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

God save the Queen.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Rock On, USA!

Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Know where the Rock Band Journey, Johnathan Cain got his gift of song writing from.

Journey’s Jonathan Cain – I am Second
https://christeien.com/2022/08/27/journ ... am-second/
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »