Clinton at Powdersville - Poll and predictions

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

Who wins Clinton at Powdersville?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:51 pm

Clinton
56%
Powdersville
44%

Total votes: 18

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Clinton at Powdersville - Poll and predictions

Post by DeCav »

Any Daniel fans pulling for PV? Or is there a grudge? Which would be totally understandable.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

DeCav wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:25 pm
Any Daniel fans pulling for PV? Or is there a grudge? Which would be totally understandable.
I doubt any are. I don't like either school so I would prefer they both lose.
Go Daniel Lions!!

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

stretch wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:06 pm
DeCav wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Yeah, SPV95 Hopes Gaffney AND Dutch Fork loses.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

DeCav wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:00 pm
stretch wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:06 pm
DeCav wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Yeah, SPV95 Hopes Gaffney AND Dutch Fork loses.
I don't wish bad on either teams since they are just kids with an amazing opportunity in front of them. But it's fresh wounds with Powdersville and old scars with Clinton. Not over the 2009 loss to them, despite beating them the last 3 times since. That 09 squad had 5 shutouts and 7 one score games. So much talent all over the field, including 3 current NFL players. But like all of Coach Rob's teams, they couldn't win the big one. Poor Slick had to go through that same experience with him.
Go Daniel Lions!!

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

If I were a Daniel fan..I would be hoping Powdersville goes on to win state at this point..with the thinking at least it took the champ to take us out..should Clinton win and then lose in the final.. that wouldn’t look good on ya..Daniel imo was just as talented as anyone ..just think they got complacent..

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

mikey wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:46 am
If I were a Daniel fan..I would be hoping Powdersville goes on to win state at this point..with the thinking at least it took the champ to take us out..should Clinton win and then lose in the final.. that wouldn’t look good on ya..Daniel imo was just as talented as anyone ..just think they got complacent..
That’s one way to look at it but to me with my team out I just hope the best team ends up winning. All 4 left are great teams. I didn’t know Beaufort hadn’t won a championship since WWII had just ended so I am pulling for them so that streak could end.

It wasn’t complacency, just two good teams went at it and the team that had the ball last got it done. We caused 3 fumbles but we fumbled it right back to them 3 times. The one play I wish we could have back is where it was 3rd and long and the QB threw a duck and it was like the Auburn play against Georgia a few years ago where we had two guys there to intercept it but it got batted up and TD PV.
Go Daniel Lions!!

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

stretch wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:02 pm
mikey wrote:
That’s one way to look at it but to me with my team out I just hope the best team ends up winning. All 4 left are great teams. I didn’t know Beaufort hadn’t won a championship since WWII had just ended so I am pulling for them so that streak could end.

It wasn’t complacency, just two good teams went at it and the team that had the ball last got it done. We caused 3 fumbles but we fumbled it right back to them 3 times. The one play I wish we could have back is where it was 3rd and long and the QB threw a duck and it was like the Auburn play against Georgia a few years ago where we had two guys there to intercept it but it got batted up and TD PV.
Yea I’m pulling for Beaufort as well just to see if BEF explodes..lol..if there is any fan that deserves one it is him..

Really think a game between Daniel and Gaffney would benefit us both..maybe it’ll happen again..

The only reason I picked Powdersville to beat you guys was them having played Abbeville and Hillcrest good games..then throw in the home field which some will say was really worth 7 in that one…tough one..

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

mikey wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:00 pm
stretch wrote:
mikey wrote:

Yea I’m pulling for Beaufort as well just to see if BEF explodes..lol..if there is any fan that deserves one it is him..

Really think a game between Daniel and Gaffney would benefit us both..maybe it’ll happen again..

The only reason I picked Powdersville to beat you guys was them having played Abbeville and Hillcrest good games..then throw in the home field which some will say was really worth 7 in that one…tough one..
I would be on board with Daniel and Gaffney playing. Good competition is absent on our schedule next season so hopefully they can work something out down the road. We may not have enough seats on the away side for y’all knowing how well y’all travel.
Go Daniel Lions!!

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

stretch wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:43 pm
mikey wrote:
stretch wrote:
mikey wrote:

I would be on board with Daniel and Gaffney playing. Good competition is absent on our schedule next season so hopefully they can work something out down the road. We may not have enough seats on the away side for y’all knowing how well y’all travel.
Remember we used to squeeze in Summerville’s place before they made improvements..as long as you don’t add portable bleachers then have one of your fans try and take a Gaffney fans seat as a Summerville fan did one time we should be good..all I got to say about that..I know it’s wishful thinking but it’d be great as both should be fairly strong the next few years..

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

mikey wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:04 pm
stretch wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:43 pm
mikey wrote:
stretch wrote:
mikey wrote:

Remember we used to squeeze in Summerville’s place before they made improvements..as long as you don’t add portable bleachers then have one of your fans try and take a Gaffney fans seat as a Summerville fan did one time we should be good..all I got to say about that..I know it’s wishful thinking but it’d be great as both should be fairly strong the next few years..
I think we have a little over 2000 seats on the away side so I think any conflict can be avoided on that. Our middle school and JV programs are strong and we will definitely continue to be competitive even if we get moved to 4A.

I wish we could get a game set up, we used to get Gaffney, Spartanburg, Dorman on the schedule back with Sitterle. The last good team we played in non region was Ridge View. We nearly got Hanna in 2020 when we won state and they made it there in 5A, but someone in their region had a covid problem so we got shuffled out in the rescheduling.
Go Daniel Lions!!