2022-23 Job Openings

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Re: 2022-23 Job Openings

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Updated with the openings at Lakewood and McBee.

SCHSL Football - Head Coach changes for 2023- Updated
:arrow: http://www.scpreptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9342

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Updated with the opening at Dixie.

lws55
No Team Affiliation

Post by lws55 »

Interesting that all the jobs that are still open, except for North Augusta (they have a coach he is just on an interim title, the job is no longer posted on the job board for Aiken County) and Lakewood (3A) are all A and AA schools. Do you think it has anything to do with the amount of Private/ Charter schools that play in A and AA? Coaches know they can't win it all if the Championship has to go through private/Charter schools so why bother applying for the jobs?

bearcat1
No Team Affiliation

Post by bearcat1 »

If I counted right there has been 50 openings this off season. Is that a record? I have been reading this site for years and I think it is by far the most vacancies I can remember. I guess at this rate there could be a few more!

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

bearcat1 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 4:10 pm
If I counted right there has been 50 openings this offseason. Is that a record? I have been reading this site for years and I think it is by far the most vacancies I can remember. I guess at this rate there could be a few more!
Yes. This is the most in one season since I have been keeping track on the site.
And you are correct, there are 50 changes at this point.
Basically 1/4 of the head coaching jobs have changed hands this offseason.

This is the most changes since there were 45 during the 2018-19 offseason.
I have been keeping track since the 2017-18 season. (The past 6 seasons).
Plan to do some research on prior seasons when time allows.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 4:55 pm
bearcat1 wrote:
If I counted right there has been 50 openings this offseason. Is that a record? I have been reading this site for years and I think it is by far the most vacancies I can remember. I guess at this rate there could be a few more!
Yes. This is the most in one season since I have been keeping track on the site.

Yet none of them involved Bryce Lybrand, who applied for too many to keep track of.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Penguin wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 5:51 pm
EHSMeanGreen wrote:
bearcat1 wrote:

Yet none of them involved Bryce Lybrand, who applied for too many to keep track of.
Get over it. You worked in the Upstate, in Greenwood, correct? Then why are you living in the Low State? Were you disloyal to Greenwood by moving?

Today's work force is much more fluid than in the past. Loyalty? Loyalty to whom? Corporate interests? Union directives? School board agendas? Fans/parents in the stands???? How many neighbors do we have today that been our neighbors through the long times of our lives?

I can guarantee you this: I am loyal to me and mine WAY before I worry about being loyal to 1) who signs my paycheck 2) what job works for me, and 3) any other dum arse who questions my loyalty.

My great uncle (whom I was close to) after WW2 drove for Milliken. His philosophy was if you look to leave my job, then I don't want you. Drivers and workers that left Milliken were shunned. Not bad for the time when loyalty was rewarded with a promotions and/or a nice pension.

Many years later when I had started working and moved around, looking for what was in the best interest of me and my family... including returning to a job I chose to leave years.... he had the wisdom to understand and change his mind.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

bringthewood wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:13 pm
Penguin wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 5:51 pm
EHSMeanGreen wrote:
bearcat1 wrote:

Get over it. You worked in the Upstate, in Greenwood, correct? Then why are you living in the Low State? Were you disloyal to Greenwood by moving?

Today's work force is much more fluid than in the past. Loyalty? Loyalty to whom? Corporate interests? Union directives? School board agendas? Fans/parents in the stands???? How many neighbors do we have today that been our neighbors through the long times of our lives?

I can guarantee you this: I am loyal to me and mine WAY before I worry about being loyal to 1) who signs my paycheck 2) what job works for me, and 3) any other dum arse who questions my loyalty.

My great uncle (whom I was close to) after WW2 drove for Milliken. His philosophy was if you look to leave my job, then I don't want you. Drivers and workers that left Milliken were shunned. Not bad for the time when loyalty was rewarded with a promotions and/or a nice pension.

Many years later when I had started working and moved around, looking for what was in the best interest of me and my family... including returning to a job I chose to leave years.... he had the wisdom to understand and change his mind.
You misunderstand my position. I wish Bryce Lybrand all the best in finding what is best for him and his family. But if my wife cheated on me the way that he has cheated Beaufort High this offseason, she would have been divorced before the tree was trimmed. He doesn't want to be here, and I want him to be gone since that is the case. Our 2023 season is toast because of this nonsense. The kids on the team deserve so much more than this. It's just time for him to get gone. Beaufort High waited too long to win a Championship to get held hostage by the guy who got us here. Actions have consequences. If he really wanted to be here, then none of this nonsense would have happened. Using other job openings as leverage to compensate for his inability to negotiate a fair and equitable contract, does not teach High School athletes anything near the proper message.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Updated with the hire at Mullins.

No Fly Zone
Emerald Vikings

Post by No Fly Zone »