RF74 takes a shot at the 5A Bracket Projection

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
viking84
Spartanburg Vikings

Re: RF74 takes a shot at the 5A Bracket Projection

Post by viking84 »

Noble Savage wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:02 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:52 pm
Noble Savage wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:16 pm
Well I think it's Spartanburg, Mauldin & Spring Valley up for that at Large bid or so I hear on the radio. I don't know if beating Dorman changes anything so.....
In Region 2 Gaffney and Byrnes are Playing for Region Championship with the loser the #2 seed

A Dorman win over Spartanburg and they are #3 and Boiling Springs is the #4 and Spartanburg is #5 and likely the at large in the Upper State with a return trip to Duncan or a trip to Gaffney depending on the WINNER of that game.

A Spartanburg win over Dorman and there will be three way tie for the #3 Seed and tiebreakers will come in to play. That would be the point differences between Dorman-Spartanburg-Boiling Springs at the end of the third quarter of their games against each other.

I think the #5 seed from Region II will be the upper state at large no matter who it is.
Ok so Spartanburg was down by 7 at the end of the 3rd against Boiling Springs. Boiling Springs had a 3point lead on Dorman after 3 so that means Spartanburg has to be beating Dorman by more than 10 after 3 plus win the game to be anything other than at Large?? I'd much rather have the 4 seed than at large
Definitely Noble Savage..

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

Noble Savage wrote:
Well I think it's Spartanburg, Mauldin & Spring Valley up for that at Large bid or so I hear on the radio. I don't know if beating Dorman changes anything so.....

At least I hopefully have a reason to go to The Arsenal or Harolds.

Ugh, man every team in region two has good defenses, I cannot remember the last time everyone's defense overshadowed all the offense. Strange Year.

But... It is Rivalry Week.
Beat Dorman.

Get in the playoffs and try to make some noise.
That either Mauldin, or Spring Valley, even have some kind of outside shot for an at large illustrates what a joke the playoffs are these days. Mauldin is awful. Have they scored in double digits in any game this year? Wonder if the players have quit on the coach like they did at Airport last year? Spring Valley is curious. They have athletes. Always do. They have a new coach. Maybe he decided he needed to burn it to the ground in year one and start over. But they are awful. When you lose at home to Fort Mill by double digits, that says all you need to know. A last place team in any region has zero business in the playoffs

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Blister wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:25 am
Noble Savage wrote:

Ugh, man every team in region two has good defenses, I cannot remember the last time everyone's defense overshadowed all the offense. Strange Year.

Beat Dorman.

That either Mauldin, or Spring Valley, even have some kind of outside shot for an at large illustrates what a joke the playoffs are these days. Mauldin is awful. Have they scored in double digits in any game this year? Wonder if the players have quit on the coach like they did at Airport last year? Spring Valley is curious. They have athletes. Always do. They have a new coach. Maybe he decided he needed to burn it to the ground in year one and start over. But they are awful. When you lose at home to Fort Mill by double digits, that says all you need to know. A last place team in any region has zero business in the playoffs
Does that include Spartanburg?

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Blister wrote:
At this point, no one really knows who is being considered for the at large spots. MY THOUGHTS, and they are no different than any other poster, is that the team that misses out from Region II is the first team in line... but that is just my thoughts.

Boiling Springs is a few plays away from being 6-4 or maybe even 7-3. They took Byrnes to two OT. Lost on nearly the last play of the game to Dorman and lost 17-7 to Gaffney in a game that was 9-7 at one point in the 4th quarter, I believe. They also played Clover, Hillcrest and T L Hanna and were in all three games.

If Dorman wins, they are the #3 Seed and Spartanburg loses the Head To Head to Boiling Springs who would be #4 and the Vikings will be the #5.

If the Vikings win, Dorman has beaten Boiling Springs, Boiling Springs has beaten Spartanburg, and Spartanburg would have a win over Dorman, each would be 1-1 against each other so it would come down to craziest tie breaker that I've ever seen, score differential at the end of the third quarter in games against each other and who knows what that will give us.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

mikey wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:03 am
Blister wrote:
Noble Savage wrote:

Beat Dorman.

Absolutely. No matter how great everybody seems to think Spartanburg is supposed to be, and I would say that Spartanburg would be better than many teams in the playoffs with a higher seed in their region. But no matter the region, if you finish last it is a joke to advance to the playoffs.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

I agree with the last 2 post..I don’t however think whoever wins region 2 want to see either in round 1 …dang stupid SCHSL and their brackets.. :roll:

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Blister wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:50 pm
Absolutely. No matter how great everybody seems to think Spartanburg is supposed to be, and I would say that Spartanburg would be better than many teams in the playoffs with a higher seed in their region. But no matter the region, if you finish last it is a joke to advance to the playoffs.
In 5A, I think 32 of 40 teams making the playoffs is a joke.... by sending 32 teams, you end up with the potential for 5th place teams.

I would like to see 24 team bracket. First, Region Champions are given a BYE week, after they are seeded, then the rest of the teams seeded by a simple point system. There would be no Upper State/Lower State, just the best 24 teams in a bracket.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

viking84
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by viking84 »

mikey wrote:
Blister wrote:
Noble Savage wrote:

Beat Dorman.

Don’t worry about Spartanburg ,you just concentrate on Gaffney.At least we didn’t have to search for a qb like you’ll always do.Don’t get to comfortable you could loose at any moment .

viking84
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by viking84 »

viking84 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:21 pm
mikey wrote:
Blister wrote:
Noble Savage wrote:

Beat Dorman.

Don’t worry about Spartanburg ,you just concentrate on Gaffney.At least we didn’t have to search for a qb like you’ll always do.Don’t get to comfortable you could loose at any moment .Now go and get you a bowl of cereal 🥣..

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

viking84 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:23 pm
viking84 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:21 pm
mikey wrote:
Blister wrote:
Noble Savage wrote:

Beat Dorman.

At least we didn’t have to search for a qb like you’ll always do.Don’t get to comfortable you could loose at any moment .Now go and get you a bowl of cereal 🥣..
Maybe you should have …yours ain’t hit’n on much by your own admission….I prefer Livermush and a grape pop tart..could you get that for me..o and a glass of chocolate milk with a raw egg mixed in.. breakfast of Champions,but you wouldn’t know anything bout that.. ;)