Woodruff vs Woodmont 9/13/2024

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Wolverine_Legend
Woodruff Wolverines

Woodruff vs Woodmont 9/13/2024

Post by Wolverine_Legend »

The 3-0 Wolverines are home again this week after putting up 62 points and 513 yards on Emerald last Friday. This is an interesting game. Woodmont isn't great I don't believe but they aren't bad either. Jordan Sink is a capable QB and they return two 1,000 yard rushers from last year though they had to replace the entire receiving corps. Woodruff and Woodmont haven't played since 2003 and the Wolverines lead the all time series 6-2.

I think Woodruff ultimately has way too many weapons and are good enough defensively to be disruptive up front and throw off the Wildcats' offense and get Sink out of rhythm. We are good at stopping the run and we could try to send pressure and force some bad throws. Woodmont beating Pendleton who was ranked #3 may surprise some but Pendleton was WAY overrated and never should have been #3. Ultimately a Woodruff offense averging 44 ppg will be too much and the Wolverines will pull away.

Woodruff 42, Woodmont 27
Last edited by Wolverine_Legend on Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
And on the eighth day, God created the Woodruff Wolverines

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: Woodruff vs Woodmont 9/13/2024

Post by DFOLDMAN »

So so 5A versus decent 3A . Too many athletes I suspect at Woodmont . Deeper than FI or Emerald. Might be a decent game. Speed will likely be the difference maker for Woodmont.

Fear The Fox…

Wolverine_Legend
Woodruff Wolverines

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:49 am
So so 5A versus decent 3A . Too many athletes I suspect at Woodmont . Deeper than FI or Emerald. Might be a decent game. Speed will likely be the difference maker for Woodmont.

Fear The Fox…
What do you want to bet? I am partial to good food. You like BBQ? Tim likes it so much that he always winds up paying for my meal when we vet. If you believe what you say then back it up. Bet me a meal, or the $20 to pay for one. Legend is hungry! :lol:

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Wolverine_Legend wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:52 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox…
What do you want to bet? I am partial to good food. You like BBQ? Tim likes it so much that he always winds up paying for my meal when we vet. If you believe what you say then back it up. Bet me a meal, or the $20 to pay for one. Legend is hungry! :lol:
If Woodruff wants to play a 5A team, play DF. Care to wager on that one? DF might break the Wolverine’s scoreboard by overuse.

Fear The Fox…

Wolverine_Legend
Woodruff Wolverines

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:57 am
Wolverine_Legend wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:52 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox…
If Woodruff wants to play a 5A team, play DF. Care to wager on that one? DF might break the Wolverine’s scoreboard by overuse.

Fear The Fox…
We aren't playing DF. We are playing Woodmont. And you seem awfully confident in the Wildcats. So back them up and make the bet.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

You know how that would end. DF wins by as much as they want to. Only dullards and simpletons bet on high school sports. And we know you check those boxes, legend.

Be working on 1) your ghosting plan when woodruff fails again in a state title quest. 2) all the BS excuses on why they lost… again
Mikey, Dub did I miss anything?

Fear The Fox…

Wolverine_Legend
Woodruff Wolverines

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:18 pm
You know how that would end. DF wins by as much as they want to. Only dullards and simpletons bet on high school sports. And we know you check those boxes, legend.

Be working on 1) your ghosting plan when woodruff fails again in a state title quest. 2) all the BS excuses on why they lost… again

Fear The Fox…
I never said we would win the title this year. BHP is the favorite. Next year has always been the end game when we return 17 starters. 8-)

2019Champs
Wren Golden Hurricanes

Post by 2019Champs »

I Hope woodruff keeps winning I want them undefeated when them and Wren Plays in a couple weeks . It will help Wren to come in that game to Ready to play

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox…
Leave me out of it oldman…in at least one category ..WL,Dub and you all check the box… :lol:

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

mikey wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:57 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox…
Leave me out of it oldman…in at least one category ..WL,Dub and you all check the box… :lol:
Ahh....Mikey Googled "dullard"....
Were you surprised your picture was by the definition?

Fear The Fox...