???Dutch Fork vs Gaffney Wk#1???

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCFootballWatcher
No Team Affiliation

???Dutch Fork vs Gaffney Wk#1???

Post by SCFootballWatcher »

Looks like with the Crest game being canceled with Gaffney we are going to get a heck of a first week game with Dutch Fork and Gaffney.

It has to happen as they can't meet each other in the playoffs with the new 5A split.

The biggest question is where will they play the first home and home if they do it for the STATE.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Re: ???Dutch Fork vs Gaffney Wk#1???

Post by mikey »

Somebody make it happen….. :idea:

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

mikey wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 3:02 pm
This is the only way the Injuns and Foxes are ever going to get to play unless its some random jamboree...until the SCHSL comes to their senses and makes 5A one classification again...ugh...SCHSL ...bless their hearts, as my grandmother would say...

Fear The Fox...

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 3:54 pm
mikey wrote:
This is the only way the Injuns and Foxes are ever going to get to play unless its some random jamboree...until the SCHSL comes to their senses and makes 5A one classification again...ugh...SCHSL ...bless their hearts, as my grandmother would say...

Fear The Fox...
I’d like for them to do something like the NCAA and make a separate bracket and take the top 16 teams in the State regardless of classification..maybe do one for 1A thru 3A and one for 4A and 5A…of course the Coaches would probably be opposed to it…but it would fun and draw a lot of interest…

As far as DF and Gaffney they need to set it up..after all Gaffney is the only team keeping them from winning it ever year…it’s a natural…I think Gaffney is probably going to have a pretty good squad this year… sounds like they need to find some Defensive lineman and get the O line straightened out..O line should be one of the best we’ve had in a while..one 4 star drawing interest from Alabama and Ohio State..we will have to see, as you say, how good the transfers are..I think we have 3 that will make a impact..might take em a while to gel..unless they get a week 0 game I guess they will open with JL Mann and Greenville so they better do it quick..should be a fun year..it will be my granddaughter’s last year on the sideline cheerleading ..my triplet grandkids will be Seniors..the two boys are on the baseball team so next year will be bittersweet, but I’m look forward to it..call your buddy Tommy and tell him to give Dan a call..we always look to play the best…hopefully both our teams stay injury free next season..

SCFootballWatcher
No Team Affiliation

Post by SCFootballWatcher »

I was told that Gaffney turned Tom Knotts down a week or so ago. They felt their schedule is loaded and didn't want to start with Dutch Fork and then to JL Mann.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

SCFootballWatcher wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 9:41 pm
I was told that Gaffney turned Tom Knotts down a week or so ago. They felt their schedule is loaded and didn't want to start with Dutch Fork and then to JL Mann.
I highly doubt that,but maybe you know something I don’t..we had a tougher schedule to open last year..

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

mikey wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 8:14 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 3:54 pm
mikey wrote:

Fear The Fox...
I’d like for them to do something like the NCAA and make a separate bracket and take the top 16 teams in the State regardless of classification..maybe do one for 1A thru 3A and one for 4A and 5A…of course the Coaches would probably be opposed to it…but it would fun and draw a lot of interest…

As far as DF and Gaffney they need to set it up..after all Gaffney is the only team keeping them from winning it ever year…it’s a natural…I think Gaffney is probably going to have a pretty good squad this year… sounds like they need to find some Defensive lineman and get the O line straightened out..O line should be one of the best we’ve had in a while..one 4 star drawing interest from Alabama and Ohio State..we will have to see, as you say, how good the transfers are..I think we have 3 that will make a impact..might take em a while to gel..unless they get a week 0 game I guess they will open with JL Mann and Greenville so they better do it quick..should be a fun year..it will be my granddaughter’s last year on the sideline cheerleading ..my triplet grandkids will be Seniors..the two boys are on the baseball team so next year will be bittersweet, but I’m look forward to it..call your buddy Tommy and tell him to give Dan a call..we always look to play the best…hopefully both our teams stay injury free next season..
I think the biggest issue with the top 16 in a playoff is who determines who those teams are....MaxPreps, USA Today, HS Football America...The State Paper (God forbid...we would have Hammond, Heathwood, Ben Lippen, Trinity...in there to keep the editors' kids happy). I think it worked fine like it was...what would be fun is the following season the first game would be the 1A and 2A champs, 3A and 4A champs and 5A1 and 5A2 Champs playing...the SCHSL has made 5A ridiculous and has messed up other classifications as well...Abbeville in 1A...the only thing that is going to suffer there in the end is Abbeville football...and perhaps some of those 1A schools tossing their football programs after they have had enough 84-0 whuppin's from Abbeville. Teams like Gaffney, Fort D, Summerville, Dutch Fork should at least have the chance of playing one another when the playoffs roll around.