Westside @ Midland Valley

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
MV stats
Midland Valley Mustangs

Westside @ Midland Valley

Post by MV stats »

I understand that most people have never even heard of MV. They just have not been much of a competitor in the last few years. Coach Earl got hired and he is doing some really great work. First off, he got them wanting to spend more time in the weight room and more time running. This team is very strong now. He has spent the last couple years getting this team ready to win games. And now they are undefeated.
They beat North Augusta for the first time in 25 years. After that, they beat Easley and South Pointe.

Can they beat Westside? I think they can, but they will have to play their best game yet this season because Westside will be their toughest game yet. The Defense has had up and down games, but they can play pretty good against the pass.
Their offense is their key to winning games though. They have 2 really good RB. Traevon Dunbar is a very good RB. He has over 2700 yards and averages over 200 a game. His backup, Preston McNair has over 1000 yards. And their QB's are just under 1000 yards.
Westside better bring their best defense.

TIM
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Re: Westside @ Midland Valley

Post by TIM »

That oline and rb’s will give them a shot to win any game. Good luck to the Mustangs!

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

Rams pretty balanced offense and have one of the best HS QB’s I have ever seen and 2 great WR to go with him Also other WR not bad either

Also have pretty good running game

I would say our weak point is our run defense , not bad but Henderson w BHP had a very good game against us

Rams were hit with injury bug pre season and early season, in fact our 2 top WR have only played 2 games at same time

Looking forward to trip to MV

MrFootball68
Greenwood Eagles

Post by MrFootball68 »

Westside is poorly coached on defense- it has been weak all year.

Noble Savage
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Noble Savage »

I almost left Spartanburg today at 2pm for a long ride down some back roads & a trip to this game. For some reason, I thought this would be a great game.

I'm sorry I didn't go.
"Ihave a hammer, a box of nails
Two M80s' and punk sticks
My uncle's favorite Farrah Fawcett lighter
A Schwinn hurricane with BMX grips"

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

TIM wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:34 pm
That oline and rb’s will give them a shot to win any game. Good luck to the Mustangs!

That O line was GREAT. RB very good but man they blow folks off the ball

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

MrFootball68 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:01 pm
Westside is poorly coached on defense- it has been weak all year.
Would not blame it on coaching As Coach Lane said early on, “we gonna score a lot of points but we gonna give up a lot of points “. They have improved

Lot of our players are on both sides of the ball

MV stats
Midland Valley Mustangs

Post by MV stats »

MV fought hard against Westside but no one fought as hard as Trae,
40 rushes for 306 yards. 8 TD's with a long of 42 and 7.7 avg.
On the year 283 for 3065 yards. 43 TD's 92 for a long and 10.9 avg and 236.5 per game. Hill ain't got stats like these. And Trae kept it up against very tough teams.
I just do not see why you cannot go ahead and offer this young man

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

MV stats wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:07 pm
MV fought hard against Westside but no one fought as hard as Trae,
40 rushes for 306 yards. 8 TD's with a long of 42 and 7.7 avg.
On the year 283 for 3065 yards. 43 TD's 92 for a long and 10.9 avg and 236.5 per game. Hill ain't got stats like these. And Trae kept it up against very tough teams.
I just do not see why you cannot go ahead and offer this young man

He reminds me of a back we had a WHS few years back, just a hard runner and always going north and south. Looks very strong and that is why he breaks so many tackles.

Ram fan but I love seeing great HS players.

Very impressed with him. Henderson from BHP not getting any love either and I do not understand either one of them

Surely one of the 2 schools here will offer him

By way impressed with your crowd , nice folks and always great to see stands packed at HS football games

Great atmosphere last night. Just one of those games you truly hate to see either team lose

MV stats
Midland Valley Mustangs

Post by MV stats »

Great atmosphere last night. Just one of those games you truly hate to see either team lose

So true but Westside had a more balanced attack and really beat us with their special teams play. Both D's played good ball, but neither were able to stop the other team from scoring.