Gaffney 42 J.L. Mann 40 Final in OT

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Chief Whoa
Gaffney Indians

Gaffney 42 J.L. Mann 40 Final in OT

Post by Chief Whoa »

What a game! I’m super proud of our guys!
284 INDIANS GAMES IN A ROW AND COUNTING!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: Gaffney 42 J.L. Mann 40 Final in OT

Post by Ddub14 »

Chief Whoa wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:18 am
Was at the game last night. Great crowd and a wild one.
Sat with the Indians. Gaffney has talent as always but I was struck by the lack of depth. Only dressed out 42 players. That seemed light to me compared to Gaffney teams of the past. The qb was good not great . You could see some of the skill set that got him to be an Arkansas commit but I don’t see him ever starting for the pigs at qb. He has no deep ball accuracy. He’s going to have to use his feet more if Gaffney expects to go deep in the playoffs. Gaffney defense was lights out for most of the game and really two goal line stands were the difference in the game. Mann got inside the red zone 4 times in which they got only 6 points off of.
Mann is deeper than last year but qb play is subpar from last year. They lack a lot of discipline as well.
Gaffney had silly penalties false starts etc but Mann had egregious penalties. Unsportsmanlikes holding that killed them all night. Also both teams play calling was suspect.
Gaffney was up two scores with 8 to go and throwing deep.
Didn’t hit a true deep ball all night . Should’ve been running the clock.
Mann was working the edge in the second half and getting chunk plays then thought they could go power and would bog down.
Still a great entertaining game.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:12 am
Chief Whoa wrote:
Sat with the Indians. Gaffney has talent as always but I was struck by the lack of depth. Only dressed out 42 players. That seemed light to me compared to Gaffney teams of the past. The qb was good not great . You could see some of the skill set that got him to be an Arkansas commit but I don’t see him ever starting for the pigs at qb. He has no deep ball accuracy. He’s going to have to use his feet more if Gaffney expects to go deep in the playoffs. Gaffney defense was lights out for most of the game and really two goal line stands were the difference in the game. Mann got inside the red zone 4 times in which they got only 6 points off of.
Mann is deeper than last year but qb play is subpar from last year. They lack a lot of discipline as well.
Gaffney had silly penalties false starts etc but Mann had egregious penalties. Unsportsmanlikes holding that killed them all night. Also both teams play calling was suspect.
Mann was working the edge in the second half and getting chunk plays then thought they could go power and would bog down.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0706212946

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

mikey wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:15 am
Ddub14 wrote:
Chief Whoa wrote:
LOL I guess you think a 30 yard pass to a wide open receiver is the deep ball.
Show the ones under pressure that he hit deep.
Oh there weren’t any.
Good player yes
Sec level qb no

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:28 am
mikey wrote:
Ddub14 wrote:
Chief Whoa wrote:
A
Oh there weren’t any.
Good player yes
Sec level qb no
Yea..you right..you always are..I doubt he ever amounts to much…Gaffney ain’t really any good either…Daniel will probably hang 70 on Mann..Ole SCISA Qb did get one thing last night..a W … ;)

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

mikey wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:16 am
Ddub14 wrote:
mikey wrote:
Ddub14 wrote:
Chief Whoa wrote:
A
Oh there weren’t any.
Good player yes
Sec level qb no
Yea..you right..you always are..I doubt he ever amounts to much…Gaffney ain’t really any good either…Daniel will probably hang 70 on Mann..Ole SCISA Qb did get one thing last night..a W … ;)
Don’t be so sensitive Mikey. I said he was a good player
Praised the Gaffney defense and spoke to what happened in the game.
Did Gaffney commit silly penalties all game long or not?
Should they have been running the ball late and taking time off the clock or not? Btw if they had Mann wouldn’t have had 2 minutes left to tie in regulation.
The Gaffney fans sitting around me were saying the same things. The qb had happy feet in the first half and missed a lot of throws. Probably speed if the game he’s not used to coming from scisa ball.
As far as Daniel goes they probably lose to Mann this week.
Where did I say anything about or insinuate that Daniel was better than Gaffney or Mann. I was giving an unbiased perspective of the game.
Good luck to the Indians the rest of the way , I personally had a great time hanging out with them last night.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:27 am
mikey wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:16 am
Ddub14 wrote:
mikey wrote:
Ddub14 wrote:
Chief Whoa wrote:
A
Oh there weren’t any.
Good player yes
Sec level qb no
Don’t be so sensitive Mikey. I said he was a good player
Praised the Gaffney defense and spoke to what happened in the game.
Did Gaffney commit silly penalties all game long or not?
Should they have been running the ball late and taking time off the clock or not? Btw if they had Mann wouldn’t have had 2 minutes left to tie in regulation.
The Gaffney fans sitting around me were saying the same things. The qb had happy feet in the first half and missed a lot of throws. Probably speed if the game he’s not used to coming from scisa ball.
As far as Daniel goes they probably lose to Mann this week.
Where did I say anything about or insinuate that Daniel was better than Gaffney or Mann. I was giving an unbiased perspective of the game.
Good luck to the Indians the rest of the way , I personally had a great time hanging out with them last night.
You are right again..I just posted a highlight of what I thought was a pretty good TD pass…Rolling to your left is a difficult throw....you sorta replied dissing the kid imo..so yea a little sensitive about that..Kid showed some grit when he ran it at the end of the game…he may never even attend Arkansas,but he’s off to a nice start at Gaffney..glad you had a good with the Tribe...we all mostly fun loving good folks..

1CANNON
Gaffney Indians

Post by 1CANNON »

Ddub14 wrote:
Chief Whoa wrote:
Also both teams play calling was suspect.
SOME of the Gaffney faithful don't want to admit this. At least not out loud 😏
STILL SPEAKING THE TRUTH

Chief Whoa
Gaffney Indians

Post by Chief Whoa »

284 INDIANS GAMES IN A ROW AND COUNTING!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

1CANNON wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:30 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Chief Whoa wrote:
Also both teams play calling was suspect.
SOME of the Gaffney faithful don't want to admit this. At least not out loud 😏
I asked several Gaffney fans about their OC and teeth started to grind! I can see why. There is no rhyme or reason to what they do. They don’t set up second down off of first and third off of 2nd.
An example of this was last night in the second quarter
Gaffney up 19-10 with the ball and just got 8 on it’s down at their own 40. They throw a 1 yard out play. Huh? Just run it again and get the first or throw down field in that situation.
Oh well it worked out for them but I’m just looking at it from a football stand point . No skin.