FRIDAY THE 13th....

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

FRIDAY THE 13th....

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

On the calendar for September 6th:
My birthday, and a trip to my Mama's house for Home Made Apple Turn Overs, and then a nice dinner out with the wife....

BUT BEFORE THAT:

I will have a doctor's appointment to discuss next week's surgery where I will be having, in their terms:
MELANOMA EXCISION LOCAL WIDE RIGHT NOSE WIDE LOCAL EXCISION MELANOMA, PEDICLED NASOLABIAL FLAP

Yeah, they put MELANOMA in there twice to remind me, like I'm going to forget they found skin cancer!

Basically, they cut a hole in my nose (where they found the malignant melanoma or that word we don't like to say, cancer) to dig out the cancerous area. Because of digging all the skin layers away, they also must cut a portion of skin on my cheek and twist it back over the hole they just dug out and they stitch that cheek skin over my nose, leaving it attached to the cheek area to keep that skin alive and growing so it will cover the hole. The cheek area will grow back since all the layers underneath are not disturbed and they can do what they normally do when you lose the top layer of skin. Next month I will go back and they will "clean those connections up and smooth out the edges".

Maybe they can make me as pretty as Slick at that time?

I'm not WORRIED about any of this, God will take care of me, one way or the other.
I would not mind if, you that are inclined and believe, would mention me in prayer the next few days as I go through the procedure and the healing as infection is a real possibility with all the openness and exposure.
Last edited by Rebel-Fan-74 on Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -
NAS Sigonella ... USS VOGE (FF 1047)
NAS Sigonella ... MCRD Parris Island
. . . USS BELLEAU WOOD (LHA 3)
SIMA Newport ...USS HUE CITY (CG 66)

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 672 games and counting

Re: Today is a busy day.... and I need your help

Post by CITYSLICKER »

IT WONT HURT YOUR LOOKS, BUT DAMN IN MY HEAD IS STILL SORE AS HELL.
672-STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Prayers for a positive outcome on your procedure.

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Happy Birthday R74!!! Hope your surgery is a success.

TIM
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Post by TIM »

prayers sent.

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 672 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

love you burns puke, my mellodrama is over, good luck.
672-STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

Praying for you. My dad has been dealing with skin cancer (among other forms) for a while now. I think they have gotten most of it.

Justafan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Justafan »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:35 am
On the calendar for today:
My birthday, and a trip to my Mama's house for Home Made Apple Turn Overs, and then a nice dinner out with the wife....

BUT BEFORE THAT:

I will have a doctor's appointment to discuss next week's surgery where I will be having, in their terms:
MELANOMA EXCISION LOCAL WIDE RIGHT NOSE WIDE LOCAL EXCISION MELANOMA, PEDICLED NASOLABIAL FLAP

Yeah, they put MELANOMA in there twice to remind me, like I'm going to forget they found skin cancer!

Basically, they cut a hole in my nose (where they found the malignant melanoma or that word we don't like to say, cancer) to dig out the cancerous area. Because of digging all the skin layers away, they also must cut a portion of skin on my cheek and twist it back over the hole they just dug out and they stitch that cheek skin over my nose, leaving it attached to the cheek area to keep that skin alive and growing so it will cover the hole. The cheek area will grow back since all the layers underneath are not disturbed and they can do what they normally do when you lose the top layer of skin. Next month I will go back and they will "clean those connections up and smooth out the edges".

Maybe they can make me as pretty as Slick at that time?

I'm not WORRIED about any of this, God will take care of me, one way or the other.
I would not mind if, you that are inclined and believe, would mention me in prayer the next few days as I go through the procedure and the healing as infection is a real possibility with all the openness and exposure.
My father inlaw had that surgery. You got this .all positive thoughts .we got you covered amigo.
We can always hire slicker to strip dance for you .
He probably wont like it .but 100 bucks is 100 bucks.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Justafan wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:16 pm
My father inlaw had that surgery. You got this .all positive thoughts .we got you covered amigo.
We can always hire slicker to strip dance for you .
He probably wont like it .but 100 bucks is 100 bucks.
WOW, I'll have nightmares for at least a week... :?

NAS Sigonella ... USS VOGE (FF 1047)
NAS Sigonella ... MCRD Parris Island
. . . USS BELLEAU WOOD (LHA 3)
SIMA Newport ...USS HUE CITY (CG 66)

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Reb…..You could have a tu-ma (Arnold Swarzzenegger) the size of a melon and you would look better than Slicker!!😂🥊

Prayers with ya brother!!🙏🙏🙏